Logitech just announced their latest gaming mouse, aimed at First Person Shooter(FPS) games like BattleField 4 Call of Duty and Crysis.
“We took on the challenge of creating the world’s fastest mouse in service of FPS gamers, and after three years of intensive R&D we are proud to launch a mouse that only Logitech could develop,” said Ehtisham Rabbani, general manager of the Logitech gaming business. “The Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury is the fastest gaming mouse, bar none, and the best mouse for high-speed FPS gameplay. Its lightweight design, combined with the precision and capability of the Fusion Engine, lets you make fast, furious swipes and dominate the battlefield, proving once again that Science Wins!”
The Fusion Engine in Hyperion Fury, created by Logitech engineers, solves a problem many FPS players have: their mouse can’t track as fast as they can move. By combining state-of-the-art optical sensor technology with an accelerometer and gyroscope, the Fusion Engine provides unmatched tracking speed.
My personal take? I’d like to see how the Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury go head to head with the Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse, which is extremely customizable mouse that combines the world’s first 12,000 DPI sensor with advanced surface and weight tuning.
Every FPS gamer needs a mouse that can handle high-speed moves, all while delivering maximum precision. The Logitech® G402 Hyperion Fury™ Ultra-Fast FPS Gaming Mouse offers unsettling accuracy with a lightweight and menacing design. This FPS gaming mouse features Logitech’s exclusive Fusion Engine™ sensor technology that can reliably track over 500 inches per second (IPS) and Logitech’s exclusive Delta Zero™ sensor technology for unrivaled accuracy. It also boasts eight programmable buttons that can be configured for anything and four DPI settings that can be shifted on the fly.
- Exclusive Fusion Engine Technology: A 32-bit on-board ARM processor powers the Fusion Engine in Hyperion Fury, allowing reliable and accurate tracking speeds exceeding 500 inches per second.
- Exclusive Delta Zero Technology: The Logitech exclusive Delta Zero technology ensures pinpoint accuracy.
- Eight Programmable Controls: Hyperion Fury features eight programmable buttons that can be configured for anything – whether complex macros or single keystrokes – using Logitech Gaming Software. Your personal configuration can be saved to onboard memory for maximum speed and accessibility
- On-The-Fly DPI Shifting: Four DPI settings can be accessed in an instant, so you can shift down for pixel-perfect sniping or shift up for high-speed maneuvers, all with maximum precision. Using Logitech Gaming Software, you can add a fifth DPI setting and customize the experience to your liking. With DPI shifting, Hyperion Fury can go from 4000 DPI to 240 DPI in the blink of an eye, giving you the flexibility to thrive in the chaos of battle.
- Lightweight, Streamlined Design: Lightweight materials and low-friction feet allow for high-speed moves, while offering the most comfortable feeling.
Windows® 8, 8.1, Windows® 7
Powered USB port
Internet connection and 100MB hard drive space (for optional software download)
- Dimensions (L x W x D): 136mm x 72mm x 41mm
- Cable length: 7 feet
Available from: mid-August 2014